Below are events that our members have posted to publicise their events.
Please contact the member for any enquiries relating to the particular event.
Using Global Mobility to Grow the Talent Pipeline and Build Organisational Strength
November 30, 2012 – Hong Kong
Co-Presenting with TraQs
As organizations look for growth in an increasingly globalized world, there is an urgent need for them to expand into new, often far-flung, markets. For companies in Asia-Pacific, as elsewhere, managing operations in such a global context presents real challenges.
The path from being a significant domestic company with an international presence to becoming a genuinely global company is complex and not easy to navigate. Developing a pipeline of global talent is crucial to the success of this journey, and one of the most important tools for building and sustaining such a pipeline is global mobility. The right kind of international experience provides the environment within which the right kind of talent can flourish.
- How well do we leverage international mobility for advancing talent?
- What are the issues, obstacles and disconnects which inhibit us?
- What practices should we adopt to strengthen our approach to talent mobility?
Join us as we discuss these questions, and examine the real motivation of employees in accepting an international opportunity, the implications for talent mobility strategy and the ways in which global mobility and talent management need to adapt. We’ll also look at some real-life examples of best practice in action and make sure you have ample opportunity to share and discuss your issues, challenges and achievements with others.
The AIRINC Breakfast Briefing with TraQs will address:
- What we mean by ‘talent mobility’
- What metrics we can use to understand how effective we are in leveraging the international experience we offer our employees
- What such metrics tell us about the developmental and career impact of international assignments across other leading international companies
- How companies are linking assignment packages to different talent needs
- Strategies you can adopt to improve the return-on-investment from global talent mobility
Renaissance Harbour View Hotel
1 Harbour Road
Wanchai, Hong Kong
Friday November 30, 2012
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.