The FEM annually recognise excellence in Global Mobility with The EMMAs. These awards are independently judged by some of the most highly esteemed professionals in the industry and as such being announced as the winner of an EMMA is the ultimate accolade to achievement within Global Mobility. With the EMMAs 2012 now open, take the opportunity to enter and give you and your team the chance to celebrate your hard work and accomplishments.
How do we enter?
The EMMAs are now closed for entry. The below FAQs are for reference only.
What are the categories?
The EMMAs are made up of 24 categories. For a full list and criteria please follow this link.
All categories can be entered by following the instructions on the entry form, apart from Outstanding Contribution to Global Mobility which is in the gift of The Forum and will be presented to an individual that stands out as someone that has consistently demonstrated excellence and made huge contributions to this industry throughout their career.
Can we/I enter more than one category?
You may enter as many categories as you wish.
You can enter the same entry for all three regions. Each region has a separate judging panel, so no one judge will be looking at your entry twice.
When entering more than one category it is up to you what you do. You can either submit a separate entry tailored to each category criteria or simply submit the same entry across the board. All entries will be considered for the shortlist.
Why should we enter?
The EMMAs are a great opportunity to celebrate excellence in global mobility. Just being nominated for an award is a fantastic boost for any individual or team and can really help to focus your team on what has been achieved and what constitutes excellence. It can help give clarity to future plans as well as the past. An entry also gives a clear message to your team that they are highly valued.
Shortlisted entries will be publicized and can use a special “shortlisted nominee” button on their website. Shortlisted nominees are also eligible for a discounted ticket or table for the EMMAs Gala Dinner at which the awards will be presented.
For winners, finalists and those highly commended the process goes on. The thrill of the awards ceremony, the internal and external PR and the satisfaction are all great team energisers that can only benefit an organization going forward.
What will the judges be looking for in a winning entry?
The judges will be using their extensive knowledge of the industry to judge the best entry. The EMMAs celebrate excellence in Global Mobility. The best entries will, therefore, stand out from the rest as a clear example of achievements and innovations within the industry. Whilst each category has guidelines for who should enter, each entry should cover the following four main points in both a two page statement and by using relevant supporting statements.
- A clear statement indicating why the nominated entrant should win the EMMA for the category, making clear the organizational benefits driven by the team/individual concerned.
- Examples of how the team/individual has impacted the overall business priorities of their employers or clients, any benefits to the assignees and any obstacles overcome. Provide clear demonstrable results.
- Clear evidence of any innovations, effective deployment of resources or improvement in cost management
- Longer term impact, lessons learned and how any improved methods have been introduced to other parts of the business or other clients
What key advice is there for creating a winning entry?
- Include all information required per submission
- Ensure you cover all four points within the guidelines for the supporting statement
- If applying to more than one category ensure each entry is tailored to be relevant to each category
- Double check the criteria to ensure you are applying to the relevant category
- Ensure all aspects of submission complies with rules and regulations
- All entry materials must be submitted in soft copy and must not exceed 4MB in total
Strengthening your entry
- Last year, the entries that provided strong client testimonials to back up their statements seemed to be the most successful
- Any supporting documents that demonstrate claims of innovative policies and initiatives in practice receive high levels of praise
- Tailoring your entry so that it is a powerful presentation of excellence achieved and why you should win the EMMA, rather than relying on standard marketing speak shows that time, thought and effort has gone into your profile
- Ensuring your supporting documents are focused and meaningfully selected was an important point for judges.
Who are the judges?
Our independent panel of judges is comprised of some of the most respected figures in the Global Mobility sector. They have been selected because of their experience, expertise and knowledge within this industry. We have created three panels, one for the European EMMAs, one for the Americas EMMAs and one for the Asia EMMAs in order to strengthen the relevancy of their position. To see the full judging panels please follow this link.
What is the judging process?
All decisions are independently arrived at by this panel. No judge will be permitted to judge a category where they have an interest. They will not be judging a category that they have entered or sponsored. Nor will they judge a category in which they are a service provider themselves.
The judges will be basing their decisions on the nominee profiles presented to them for each shortlisted nominee alongside their previous knowledge of the industry. These profiles will include the 150 word introductory summary, the supporting statement and any supporting documents.
The only exception to the process is for the category of Outstanding Contribution to Global Mobility. This is not judged by the judging panel and is in the gift of the FEM.
How do you decide who the winners are?
The judges will not be informed as to who else is judging their category and the final result will be based on a majority vote. All entries receiving a first place nominations will receive three points, second place two points and highly commended one. The nominee with the most points will be announced as the winner. FEM are not represented on the judging panel and have no influence on the result.
When will the winners be announced?
The 2012 EMMAs winners will be announced at three glittering ceremonies:
The Third annual Americas’ EMMAs will be hosted at the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort in the evening of the first day of the Americas Global Mobility Summit in Las Vegas on September 13. Expect dinner, dancing and glamour at this prestigious resort hotel.
The Fourth Annual European EMMAs Gala Ball is being held at the Park Plaza Riverbank in London on October 19. The biggest night in the Global Mobility calendar, this night includes a three-course gala dinner, comedy, casino and dancing and should not be missed!
Last but not least this year will see the inaugural Asian EMMAs Reception at the Grand Hyatt, Hong Kong on November 28. Join us as we celebrate excellence in Global Mobility for the first time in Asia.
Book now to reserve a table and celebrate excellence in Global Mobility with your team and peers.
What do winners receive?
Winners will receive a trophy with their name inscribed on the trophy. They will also receive a certificate and be eligible to include a button announcing them as an EMMA winner on their website, emails and letterhead. Runners up will also receive a certificate ad button for the website, emails and letterhead.
What are the Terms and Conditions for entering the EMMAs?
The full terms and conditions are available via this PDF download.